Are you looking for Creative Ways to Sell Physical Products Online? I love helping artists and creative individuals find a way to work from home or anywhere. I have created many websites for individuals who sell their art online but often they can get faster results by selling on one the following platforms as a way to sell products online. In this high-tech world where e-commerce is on the rise and digital products are everywhere, there seems to be a craving for “high touch” hand-crafted items that are unique and made just for an individual. You might think that selling physical products is not as viable as it once was. However, that’s simply not true. Whether you want to cash in on clutter or create handmade products in your garage, there is still a huge market for physical products in this digital age and so many fun ways to cash in on your talents.
Here are 6 Ways You can Ways to Sell Physical Products Online and Build Your Bank Account
- Facebook Marketplace: Facebook marketplace is a free group where you can buy and sell new and pre-owned items. The process is simple – all you have to do is snap a few pictures of your item, add a description and a price and you’re well on your way to some extra cash. By listing on the marketplace, you can connect with a local audience and get your items in front of thousands of eyeballs at one time. It’s a great place to start if you want to de-clutter your house and make some quick cash in your pocket.
- Etsy: If you are someone that makes handmade, one-of-a-kind items, Etsy is the place for you. This is a marketplace designed for makers – people that create physical (and digital) products which are personalized and unique to each customer. You can sell anything from jewelry to clothing to fine arts to wood carvings – the options really are limitless. If you are a creative and you want to get your unique products out in the world, give Etsy a try. It’s free to sign up and creating an account is a simple process. Keep in mind, there are basic selling fees that go along with each transaction, but it can still be a profitable option if you are in the business of selling unique physical products.
- Shopify: Shopify is an e-commerce platform that allows anyone to set up an online store to showcase their physical (or digital) products. One of the great things about this platform is that it is super simple to set up and use. You don’t have to be a tech genius to figure it out and it has over 100 themes that you can use to design a visually appealing online store. It can be used for multiple products – anything from t-shirts to jewelry to beef jerky. The only downside is that you don’t own the platform, but rather pay a monthly fee to use it. However, a small fee seems like it would be worth the simplicity and ease of use.
- Amazon As you may know, Amazon is an e-commerce giant and the largest online retailer on the planet. This popular marketplace is used by both individuals and businesses alike to display and sell products all over the world. You can sign up as an individual seller or upgrade to a professional seller account for a monthly fee. Amazon does require prior approval before selling certain products so it would be in your best interest to do research ahead of time, depending on what you want to sell. One of the best things about selling on Amazon is that you have hundreds of millions of potential customers right from the start that can view your products. Plus, you don’t have to have your own physical store or business website to be successful.
- Amazon Handmade Not to be outdone by Etsy, Amazon Handmade is another place where you can sell unique handcrafted items.
- eBay Marketplace: Last but not least eBay. eBay got its start back in 1995 when the internet was brand spanking new. Legends says that eBay was first created as an auction site to help connect collectors of rare items like Pez dispensers connect. Now it’s an excellent place to sell new or used items.
There is still high demand for products that people can see, feel and touch. No matter if you’re a creative, maker or just want to declutter your basement, these are some of the best ways to sell physical products online and get your products seen and sold in this digital age.